CAPSTONE ADVISORS REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Capstone Advisors is seeking a well-qualified candidate to support the firm’s growth objectives for its portfolio of commercial real estate and residential land investments. The position is based in the Company’s Carlsbad, CA headquarters.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Position reports to the Vice President of Development. The following highlights the primary functions and critical requirements of the position:
Acquisitions – Research / Physical Evaluation / Budgeting / Documentation
1. Support due diligence efforts by evaluating and preparing site and building documentation and conduct government agency research outlining infrastructure and development requirements
2. Coordinate activities of third party consultants
3. Prepare preliminary estimates of the scope and cost of anticipated maintenance and improvements
4. Prepare due diligence binders and maintenance of electronic reference files.
Development – Planning / Entitlement / Construction
1. Refine physical development options by providing research and support documentation
2. Prepare budgets and project timelines that outline the required planning and development requirements and process
3. Prepare AutoCad generated exhibits
4. Coordinate activities of third party consultants
5. Perform agency processing of entitlement and construction approvals
6. Solicit and qualify job proposals from contractors and consultants
7. Perform construction coordination, observation and management
8. Prepare entitlement and construction binders and maintenance of electronic reference files
Asset Management – Monitor / Maintenance / Tenant Improvements
1. Monitor the operation and maintenance of assets via site visits and field documentation
2. Assist in the evaluation and execution of site and building maintenance issues including the solicitation, bid qualification and coordination of sub-contractors.
3. Direct property managers and/or vendors in the maintenance of physical assets and tenant needs
4. Assist in the evaluation and execution of tenant improvements including the suite documentation, scoping, budgeting, solicitation and qualification of bids and coordination of sub-contractors.
5. Interface with government agencies regarding regulatory issues and approvals
6. Assist in evaluation of capital expenditures including scoping, budgeting and project execution
– Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and 5+ years’ experience, preferably in real estate land development
– Engineering, architecture and/or construction experience preferred
– Excellent computer & internet research skills including proficiency in Word, Excel and AutoCad
– Experience working with governmental agencies in researching and processing agency permits and approvals
– Working knowledge of architectural and engineering construction plans
– Experience working with construction related contractors and vendors in defining and qualifying bids, in budgeting and scheduling work, in processing requests for payment
– Strong work ethic, highly organized and excellent communication and writing skills
– Comfortable in a highly dynamic environment working on multiple projects
– Excellent planning, scheduling and multi-tasking
– Available to travel
Please send all resumes to:
Nina Mafreshi, email@example.com
Please no telephone calls, we will contact candidates for interviews. Thank you.